Saturday, May 10, 2014

Day 36 - Rock Inn

We had another easy day of hiking, leaving Casa de Luna about 8:30 am and arriving in Lake Hughes before noon. 9.9 miles of mostly road walking. Wide shoulders that were fairly flat so we didn't have to do too much dodging of cars and trucks or feel like we were walking on the side of a hill. 

This is why we are road walking...

This was a nice change of pace for me because as beautiful as the hills are, it was nice to be looking at other things for a bit. Here are some of the cool things I saw and imaged. 
Abandoned gas station

Sense of humor. 

Stone building. 

We arrived just in time for lunch at the historic Rock Inn where we then decided to get a room for the night. We really don't want to arrive at our next stop before late tomorrow so this means going slow. 
The exterior of this building is stunning and apparently there are, not one but two ghosts living here as well. I'll let you know about any encounters I might have while I stay here...


The band just started up downstairs. Good thing I have earplugs...

(Next morning) While the Rock Inn is nice and all, if you expect to sleep in the room you rent for the night, sleeping under a tree outside might be a better option. Apparently the band was set up directly under our room downstairs and my ear plugs had little or no effect on my ability to sleep. The physical vibrations alone were strong enough to awaken a dragon.  When the band finally stopped playing at about 12:30am, the jute box wasn't as loud, but was almost agitating. 

Altogether an interesting experience but one I wouldn't recommend if you enjoy sleep. 





No comments:

Post a Comment