Monday, July 28, 2014

Day 2 - Rock Creek

I could get used to this leisurely pace. Walk for an hour, take a break for 10 or 15 minutes then walk for another hour.  Repeat as necessary. Granted I'm not trying to do big miles but I still got to my projected lunch spot just after noon. 

Most of the first nine miles of the day were climbing miles. Not super steep but enough to know I haven't been climbing lately. By late afternoon it was downhill, sometimes pretty dang downhill. By the time I hobbled in to camp my left knee was complaining and I was ready to drop the pack and make camp. It was just after 5 pm and by 6:30 I had eaten dinner, filtered water and set up the tent. 

It's now 7 and I'm in for the night. Charging the phone, stretching and applying aspercream where needed...

The flowers today were fantabulous! I'm going to add images here, not because they are good images but so you can get a hint of the eye candy I got to have today. 






And last but not least, my view to the south all day. 
Mount Hood I presume. 

PS - I hope my spot is working. Both nights I've been under dense tree cover with no real open areas around. Rain forest and all...

No comments:

Post a Comment