Saturday, April 28, 2012

Lake Morena 4/27

I certainly had a busy day today, for not doing much. Stacey schlepped me all the way down here and then hung out for most of the day while I gear shopped. I did pick up a ULA pack and was able to get a good fitting. I hated to buy a commercial pack, even though my homemade pack clearly wasn't going to cut it. The weight difference is substantial, at least double the weight. Still the new pack weighs less than three pounds. Oh well.

I also have also chosen another tent for myself. Tarptents is the name of the company and the shelter I chose is a double wall tent, weighing in at 26 ounces. Not too bad I guess. The big thing I liked was I can set up the net portion of the package without the cover when the bugs are bad but the weather is clear. I think it's a good choice.

It's 8pm on Friday night and I am sending my spot message, rambling on here and listening to the first speakers of the night over at the stage. I think I will stay here in my campsite, crawl into my bag and listen to the speakers from the warmth of my bag.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you made some smart purchases. Now the hard part.....the walking part. (Although fixing meals for a 5 month hike sounds like a hard part, too.) Have fun; be safe.

    ReplyDelete