Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Day 18 - Big Bear rest days

One of the best things about coming to town, besides showers and clean clothes, is eating resturant food. For example, I got into town at 11 or so, checked into the Motel 6 and immediately went in search of food. 

I had to go the the Hostel to pickup my resupply box, which entailed a bus ride so I looked on my Yogi's guide map for Big Bear and saw there was a place called the Grizzly Manor Cafe. So I hopped on the bus and got off just in time to beat the lunch rush. 

Hum, breakfast or lunch? It all looked good but I opted for a burger that included cheese, bacon and Ortega chilies. Yum! I'm sorry I didn't include a photo of it as it was a sight to behold but I barely let the server put the plate down before I dove in. I did get a picture of the "flavor" of the place, once I slowed down.
 Since I am talking food here, for dinner we went to a place that serves Indian'ish food. It was yummy but Indian isn't my favorite so I'm going for Chinese tomorrow. I'm jonesing for vegetables. 

Now that I have electricity for the next day or so I'll have to try to remember to take photos. 

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for rest days! And hamburgers! And anything else you can ingest! Bummer about the water situation. Lessons learned and successful problem solving is the name of the game throughout your journey. You done good. Hellooo to Tidy Camper and Dirty Burley Can Do Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Shelly, you are movin' right along!! Hadn't checked your blog in a while and I had lots to catch up with. Feel so lazy just sitting here...I gotta get out there...anywhere out there and soon! Take good care of yourself and be safe! --julie o.

    ReplyDelete