Thursday, May 3, 2012

May 3rd Stacey's House

What a pain today was, at least in the beginning. I began hiking at 6:30 am and started with hill climbing, continuing with more hill climbing. Because I didn't get far enough yesterday, and I seemed to be moving slowly up hill, it became clear to me I wouldn't make it to Idyllwild by trail today. Foolishly I hadn't packed enough food for tonight so I had to make a choice to take a side trail out and get to Idyllwild by an alternate route. What a duffus I am. I hope to be able to manage the logistics of this stuff better as I go along.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the logistics part of the hike will get easier as time goes on. (I doubt you'll run out of food again before you reach your destination.) Nice shot of the valley, by the way.

    ReplyDelete