Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 12 - Ready, set, go!

I am so ready to be back on the trail. So ready. Last night, after that long walk, everything I owned hurt. When folks asked about my toe I realized I didn't even notice any pain, at least from my toe. That seems to be a good omen. Finally I'm gonna get back out on the trail. 

Today we did try to drive up to the top of Black Mountain to drop off some water for ourselves but after two rough miles by road, we found the way blocked with a locked gate. Winter blockage, even though there isn't any winter to be seen anywhere abouts. So that means for the latter part of tomorrow we will be carrying a full load (4+liters) of water. From mid day tomorrow till the next day, there will be no water to be found. Such is life on the old dusty trail. 



4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your toe is better. Yay! --julie o.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang that sounds like a lot of extra weight with all that water… just one of the ups and downs of the trail, I guess. So glad you're finally hiking and the toe (if not everything else) doesn't hurt!
    Happy hiking my friend!
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see that you're back on the trail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for reading along with me while I stumble along north. It means the world to me!

    ReplyDelete