Saturday, June 2, 2012

June 2nd Lake Isabella

Well, it's official. I'm 100% homesick and jonsing for home. It isn't just the heat, though this is effecting my mood. I just feel I am missing too much at home. And for what?

Angela just had one of the most important events in her life with the Tannery opening and I was was wandering around the desert, unable to call her to wish her well. Her Dad was in the hospital and I couldn't contact her to see how he was doing. I don't like this. On Monday I am looking at heading back into the desert for a few days before going back out again for the next three or four weeks where there is no cell service. I really don't know what to do but clearly I'm not comfortable with the original plan. We will see.

3 comments:

  1. Hellooooo! You are just about done with the desert! Good riddens! Beautiful as it can be, give it a big "See ya!" Once again you are at a problem solving crossroads. You have made some tough choices along the way already. I'm confident you'll do the same this time. And I know for sure that your support "team" (that would be all of us not hoofing it) are behind you. You're an amazing gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelly,
    I know the feeling very well about missing stuff going on at home... That's a big part of the reason I got off the trail at Wrightwood.
    You're doing amazing, tho -- hope you know that!
    Please keep in touch. I miss your smiling face! And let me know when you'll be at the northern terminus -- I'm planning some trail magic there.
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Upside Down!

    I know how you feel, I myself had to come back to Santa Cruz for sometime to take care of some personal issues. I am planning on hitting the trail back at Tuolumne Meadows next week so hopefully I will see you on the trail! I hope all is well!

    Take Care,
    Matt (aka Trailwhore)

    ReplyDelete