Saturday, December 31, 2011

Front packs

Hey all. In my quest to find the perfect packing system I have come across an idea to balance the weight of a backpack with a couple of front backs. A company from New Zealand called Aarn makes a complete system of back and front packs. Being a commercial pack company their gear needs to be bomb proof and I wondered if I could make something similar, yet way lighter. Thus I spent the better part of yesterday coming up with a pattern I think would work and making the first of the two front packs. I still haven't completely decided how to attach them but that will come with time.  Fun!
Builders paper

Can you see my pencil scratches?

All cut and ready for assembly

Left and right pouches

Wait...

Voila! It weighs .6 ounces

No comments:

Post a Comment