Sunday, February 6, 2011

Planning for 2012

It might seem like a bit of over planning but I have announced to my friends that I will attempt to hike the Pacific Crest Trail beginning in April 2012. I have been thinking of this possibility for years now but it seems as though my work life will be coming to an end by this October and from that point forward I am available to hike as long as my body can hike and my mind wants to do so.



So there you have it. That tiny red line over there snakes along from Campo at the US/Mexico border north to the border of Washington and Canada. I have no idea if I can make it but there's no other way to find out other than stepping onto the trail and heading north.

I'll be going on about it here, probably to everyones dismay, for the next year and some. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

I will be posting gear lists, training schedules, pre-trips and anything else I can't keep to myself. I'm excited. And scared.

1 comment:

  1. That is an AWESOME goal! Frankly, the PCT hike sounds more doable to me than the shorts project, but then again, I'm a horrible seamstress : )

    Can't wait to hear all about your adventures along the way!

    ReplyDelete