Monday, August 20, 2018

Ashland again

Since my last writing I’ve traveled through the PNW visiting friends and dodging smoke from the fires raging up and down the left coast. 
On 97 driving south, east of Crater Lake. 

It’s always such a joy to see old friends and I hate that they are so far away. If I could only find a way to wrinkle myself in time, and space. I’ll have to start practicing. 

I must admit to being a tad bit nervous about heading back into the wilds. Not because of anything rational but just because I wasn’t successful when I was last here. I’m hoping to erase the bad feeling I have associated with the trail and regain some confidence. In that light I’m planning a very short day...7 miles. If there is water there I’ll stop for the day, if not I’ll have to go in a bit farther, 10ish miles. I’m voting for the first option! Especially since it’s already hot at 9:25 and I still have to drive to Etna Summit. I’ll probably end up taking off around noon. 

I don’t know if I’ll have any reception up there but I’ll be able to send my location via my Inreach. Just click on the Where is Shelly? page and wander over to the U.S., Northern California area. My location should show up if you zoom in. I spent 5 hours this morning trying to get the device synced and updated and I don’t have total confidence that I was successful. I THINK it is working so stay tuned. 

All right. Carpe Diem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment